How to watch the World Baseball Classic
Fox Sports will have exclusive coverage of every World Baseball Classic game in the United States. Here’s how to best watch every WBC game this spring.
- Get ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server location in the U.S.
- Go to Sling TV Blue (40 USD/month), Hulu+Live TV (70 USD/month), Fubo (75 USD/month) or YouTube TV (73 USD/month) and use a free trial. Every service offers Fox and FS1.
- Enjoy the baseball!
Watch the World Baseball Classic in Japan
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video holds broadcasting rights for the World Baseball Classic in Japan. A 30-day free trial is available. A Prime Video subscription is an important have for sports fans, especially those who enjoy the NFL and Premier League.
Price: 500 yen (4 USD) and up
FAQ: About the 2023 World Baseball Classic
Who won the 2017 World Baseball Classic?
The United States won the most recent World Baseball Classic in 2017, defeating Puerto Rico in the championship game. The U.S. had never won the WBC before their victory six years ago. Japan won the first two WBC events in 2006 and 2009, and the Dominican Republic captured victory in 2013.
Is the World Baseball Classic every year?
No, the World Baseball Classic is not a yearly event. Although there was a three-year break between the first two events (2006 and 2009), the WBC soon took on a four-year gap similar to the Olympics. The last two World Baseball Classics were held in 2013 and 2017.
How can I purchase World Baseball Classic tickets?
Fans can purchase tickets to any 2023 World Baseball Classic game, including those in Taiwan and Japan, through MLB.com.
How does the World Baseball Classic impact MLB spring training?
Major League Baseball’s spring training will begin slightly earlier than normal as a result of the 2023 World Baseball Classic. The first spring training games are scheduled for Friday, February 24. Additionally, there will be 20 exhibition games featuring MLB clubs facing the WBC teams across Florida and Arizona on March 8 and March 9.
Can I stream sports on my computer?
Definitely. If you’re accessing the streaming service from a web browser, be sure to also install the ExpressVPN extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. The extension has a few features under the hood that can smooth out common streaming issues.
Can I stream sports on my phone or tablet?
How can I stream on my TV with a VPN?
In brief there are five different ways to stream sports on your TV with ExpressVPN:
- With the native app for a smart TV or streaming device
- By streaming on your computer and connecting to the TV with an HDMI cable
- By mirroring or casting wirelessly to your TV or streaming device from your computer or mobile device
- By connecting to an ExpressVPN-enabled router, which allows for unlimited devices and makes it super simple to connect to different server locations simultaneously
- With MediaStreamer, ExpressVPN’s solution for devices that cannot install a VPN, such as some streaming consoles and gaming consoles. MediaStreamer only needs to be set up once, although it does not provide the full security benefits of a VPN.
For more information on all the ways to get ExpressVPN on your big-screen TV, click here or contact a 24/7 Support agent for step-by-step instructions.
I connected to the VPN but my internet speed is slow
If your internet speed is slow or your streaming seems to lag, there are a few possible reasons:
-The distance of your selected VPN server location from your physical location
-Your connection type (wired connections are more reliable than wireless connections)
-Suboptimal interconnectivity between the VPN and your ISP
-Slow internet connection speed at your location
-Your device type and processing power
Try each of the following steps to troubleshoot:
-Download the latest version of ExpressVPN
-Connect to a different VPN server location
-Change your VPN protocol
If you try each of the above and are still experiencing issues with your streaming speed, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team 24/7 and someone will be with you in seconds.