How to watch the French Open 2018 with a VPN
Rafael Nadal and Jelena Ostapenko were the winners of the 2017 Men’s and Women’s singles, respectively. Can they repeat in 2018? If you’ve got a VPN, you can catch every stroke online.
In the UK, ITV holds all the broadcasting rights for the entire tournament. Watching online is free via ITV Player, no subscription required. To stream the 2016 French Open on ITV Player abroad from outside the UK, follow these instructions:
To stream the 2018 French Open on ITV Player abroad from outside the UK, follow these instructions:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account.
- Install ExpressVPN on any device that you want to watch the 2018 French Open on.
- Connect to a VPN server location in the United Kingdom.
- Head to the ITV Player website or download the ITV Player app on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, game console, smart TV or set-top box.
- Register for an account. This will require you input a UK postal code. You can look one up here or just input “CH3 5PA” (no quotation marks).
- Navigate to the French Open live stream and watch the tournament as it happens!
(Note that ITV Player might alert you that the live stream is restricted even if you’ve set your VPN to a UK server.)
If this happens, you need to clear your cookies. Do so either in your browser settings or by using an extension/plugin like EditThisCookie.
Other ways to stream
If you have a cable or satellite subscription in the US, you can watch for free online using the NBC Live Sports Extra app or website. Just input the same username and password that you would use to pay your bill online.
The rest of Europe is in a similar situation. Those without either a cable/satellite subscription or Eurosport Player subscription will need a VPN to watch the 2016 French Open. Otherwise, all the live streams will be geo-locked.
Stream the French Open with safety and privacy
Don’t miss out on watching one of the most exciting competitions in tennis. Get ExpressVPN now and catch all the action in Paris from the comfort of your screen. We’re rooting for a rematch between Djokovic and Wawrinka in the final round!