Stuck and need some help?Talk to a Human
This guide will show you how to download an app from the Google Play Store that’s not available in your region.
While you can download any app from any Play Store region using this method, this guide will use downloading Zattoo from a German location as an example.
- On desktop and mobile, connect to the VPN location of the Play Store you want to download from e.g. Germany
- On desktop, go to play.google.com and create a new account. If you do not have a credit card from the location you want to download from, do not add a credit card.
- On desktop and mobile, switch to the new Play Store account you just created.
- Return to the desktop Play Store and search for the app you want to download e.g. Zattoo
- Click on Install and select your mobile device. You may need to wait while your new account syncs on desktop and mobile.
- The app should begin downloading on your mobile device. If not, go to ≡ > My apps & games > INSTALLED. The app should begin downloading.
- Use the app as normal.
For best results, ExpressVPN recommends connecting to the VPN location of the Play Store you downloaded from before you use the app.