To use our apps and configurations, please sign up for an ExpressVPN account first.
ExpressVPN offers more than 135 server locations in 87 countries. With such a wide range of locations available, it can be difficult to decide which server location to connect to. This guide contains some pointers on location selection.
You seem to be using an unblocker or proxyor
You'll need to disable your anonymizer
when trying to access certain websites and services, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance
I want to…
“Leave” my current country to access censored content
Get a secure and private connection
Access content that’s only available in other countries
Change my DNS settings
Connect to a location for fastest download speeds
Get additional help on picking server locations
I want to ‘leave’ my current country to access censored content like Facebook and Skype.
Pick a server that’s close to your current location.
- If you’re in China or elsewhere in Asia, try Hong Kong, Singapore, or Los Angeles.
- If you’re in the Middle East, try the Netherlands or the UK, or the East Coast of the United States (New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, Atlana, Miami).
- If you are unsure whether Facebook, Skype, or another platform is available in a certain country, connect to a US server location.
I want a secure and private connection
Pick an ExpressVPN location inside your current country. If this is not available, then choose a server in the location closest to you.
- If you’re in Germany, which has an ExpressVPN location, then just pick Germany.
- If you’re in Malaysia, which doesn’t have an ExpressVPN location, then try Singapore.
I want to access content that’s only available in other countries, such as Netflix, BBC, CBC, Hulu, etc.
Pick an ExpressVPN location in the country that you want to access. If there are multiple ExpressVPN locations in that country, choose the one that is closest to you.
This is especially important for connecting to the United States, where there are many servers that are geographically far apart from each other.
- If you’re in Asia, Australia, eastern Russia and trying to access American content, connect to ExpressVPN on the West Coast such as Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.
- If you’re in Europe or Africa and trying to access American content, pick a server on the East Coast of the United States (New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, Atlanta, Miami)
- If you’re in South America or Canada, pick the US location that’s closest to you.
This graphic summarizes how to pick the best USA server for your location.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with the ExpressVPN support team for more information on which server locations are best for certain online services.
I want to change my DNS settings
Changing your DNS settings helps you access certain websites and online services. To do so, consult the below instructions for your device.
I want to enjoy the fastest download speeds
Pick an ExpressVPN location in the country that you want to download from. If there are multiple ExpressVPN locations in that country, choose the one that is closest to you.
You can also take the ExpressVPN Speed Test to connect to the fastest VPN server location for you.
Note that the underlying reasons affecting connection speed are always changing. Please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for any further questions in this area.
I want more specific help on picking server locations
If you need further help with picking or connecting to a server location, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.