Here is the ultimate guide to choosing the right VPN server location for you.
ExpressVPN has 145 VPN server locations in 94 countries.
See a full list of VPN server locations here.
You seem to be using an unblocker or proxyor
You'll need to disable your anonymizer
when trying to access certain websites and services, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.
What would you like to do?
- Access content like TV shows, movies, games, live streams, sports, or live events from a certain country
- Bypass censorship in your current location
- Get a secure and private connection
- Get the fastest download speeds
- See a list of ExpressVPN server addresses and configuration files
- Change your DNS settings
- Find out your IP address
- Get help picking a specific VPN server location
Access content like TV shows, movies, games, live streams, sports, or live events from a certain country
To access content from a specific place, connect to a VPN server location in your desired country.
From your app, select CHOOSE LOCATION.
Use the search bar to find your desired country.
Or you can browse through the following listings:
- Recommended: Recommended locations are based on your geographic location combined with data from connection success rates, customer usage, and speed.
- All locations: Browse through ExpressVPN’s 145 VPN server locations in 94 countries, sorted by region (Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa, Middle East & India).
- Favorites: Get instant access to your favorite VPN server locations.
If you need help selecting the right VPN server location for your needs, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.
Bypass censorship in your current location
Use the Smart Location feature in the app to access Facebook, Google, Skype, and VoIP services in Asia and the Middle East.
Smart Location automatically picks the fastest VPN location for you based on anonymous metrics like download speed, latency, and distance.
Get a secure and private connection
For a secure and private connection, use the app’s Smart Location feature, which automatically selects the fastest VPN server location for you based on anonymous metrics like download speed, latency, and distance.
Get the fastest download speeds
To get the fastest download speeds, connect to an ExpressVPN server location in the country that you wish to download from. If there are multiple ExpressVPN server locations in that country, connect to the one that is closest to you.
You can also take the ExpressVPN Speed Test to identify the fastest VPN server location for your needs.
Please note that the underlying reasons affecting connection speed are always changing. Contact the ExpressVPN Support Team if you need more help in this area.
See a list of ExpressVPN server addresses and configuration files
To see a list of ExpressVPN server addresses and configuration files for manually setting up a VPN:
- Sign in to your account.
- Select Set up ExpressVPN.
- On the left side of the screen, select Manual Config.
- On the right side of the screen, select OpenVPN or PPTP & L2TP-IPSec, depending on the VPN protocol you want to use.
- Scroll down past your ExpressVPN username and password. You will see an expandable list of OpenVPN configuration files and the full list of ExpressVPN servers.
Change your DNS settings
Changing your DNS settings helps you access certain websites and online services.
To change your DNS settings, please consult these instructions:
Find out your IP address
You can see your IP address by visiting this page: What is my IP address?
Get help picking a specific VPN server location
If you need more help with picking or connecting to a server location, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for immediate assistance.