To use our apps and configurations, please sign up for an ExpressVPN account first.
If you can’t access your email while connected to the VPN, it could be because your email client application is using port 25, which is blocked on the ExpressVPN network to prevent spam. This can happen especially with old email applications. To resolve the issue:
- Allow access to local network. This can be done on your ExpressVPN app as follows:
- Windows: Go to ≡ > Options > General then checking the box for “Allow access to local network devices such as network shares or printers.”
- Mac: Go to ≡ > Preferences > General then checking the box for “Allow access to local network devices such as network shares or printers.”
- You may need to switch to a newer email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or to manually configure your email client to use port 587 instead of port 25. Or:
- Disconnect from ExpressVPN to access your email. This may be necessary if you are using your ISP’s email server and it blocks email traffic coming from outside of its own network.
Need help? Please click here to contact the ExpressVPN Support Team via Live Chat.