Want ExpressVPN on your iOS?Get the App for iOS
Stuck and need some help?Contact Support
If ExpressVPN is not available in your country’s App Store, you can still easily get it by changing your App Store’s location. This requires you to register a new Apple ID.
Change your App Store’s country with a new Apple ID
- To download ExpressVPN, go to the App Store on your device. If you are using iOS Version 12 or below, tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the profile icon located at the top right corner. Then, at the top of the screen, tap your profile icon or your Apple ID. When prompted, enter your Apple ID Password. Tap Sign In. Then tap your Apple ID at the top again.
- You will come to a page that allows you to Choose Your Country or Region. Scroll down and tap U.S.A. (You are allowed to change it later.) A box will pop up and ask if you want to sign in with your current Apple ID. Tap Use Different Apple ID.
- Scroll down, and tap Create your Apple ID.
- Enter your name. For the Country/Region field, set it to United States or another location in where ExpressVPN is available. Then, enter your birthday and a valid email address (It cannot be the same one associated with your original Apple ID account) to receive a verification code to complete your signup process.
- Enter your passwords, and select your security questions. Then, enter the characters shown in the verification image, and tap Continue.
- Check your email for a verification code from Apple. Enter the code, and tap Next. Now, you have successfully created a new Apple ID.
- You can now sign out of your current Apple ID and log in to your new one. On your device, go to the App Store. Tap the profile icon located at the top right corner. Scroll to the bottom, and tap Sign Out.
- Scroll back up, and sign in with your new Apple ID. Tap Sign In.
- You will see a message that says This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store. Tap Review.
- Read the Apple Media Services and Terms and Conditions, and slide the toggle next to Agree to Terms and Conditions. Tap Next.
- Tap None for your payment method. For Billing Address, enter any valid U.S. address and its ZIP code (e.g., the ZIP code for Alaska is 99501) and a phone number. Then, tap Next.
- An Apple ID Completed message appears. You can now download ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
Need help? Contact the ExpressVPN Support Team now.
Frequently asked questions
Can I switch back to my original Apple ID account?
Yes. Once you have downloaded ExpressVPN on your device, ExpressVPN works regardless of the country your Apple ID is associated with. There is also no need to switch back and forth to keep ExpressVPN updated.
How do I keep ExpressVPN updated?
With iOS 13, ExpressVPN updates automatically by default, regardless of your App Store location. For the best experience with the ExpressVPN app, you can update your iOS to the latest version if you haven’t already.
To update ExpressVPN if you are using iOS 12 or below, please follow these steps:
- On your device, go to the App Store.
- Tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- At the top of the screen, tap your profile icon or your Apple ID.
- Scroll down to see any pending updates from ExpressVPN. To update the ExpressVPN app, tap Update next to it.
If you are still unable to update ExpressVPN, contact the ExpressVPN Support Team now.