Want ExpressVPN on your iOS?Get the App for iOS
Stuck and need some help?Talk to a Human
You can still get ExpressVPN even if it is not available in your country’s App Store.
You just need to create a new Apple ID using an address from a country where ExpressVPN is available (such as the U.S.) and select None for payment method.
Please follow the complete instructions below.
How to create a new Apple ID so you can change your App Store country
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/.
- Near the bottom of the page, tap Create your Apple ID.
- Enter your details, select your security questions, enter the characters shown in the verification image, and tap Continue.
- You will now receive a verification code via email. Enter the verification code on the Apple website.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign out from your current account. Sign in with your new account.
- Tap Review, make sure your country is set to United States, and slide the toggle next to Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Next. Select None for your payment method, and enter any U.S. address with a valid U.S. ZIP code (e.g., 20500).
- Tap Next, then tap Continue.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID Password and tap Continue.
- Tap the button below to download ExpressVPN.
- At this point, you may change back to your previous App Store location. Updates to the ExpressVPN app will be available no matter which App Store you’re using (if your iOS version is 11.3 or higher).
Need help? Contact the ExpressVPN Support Team now.
How to keep your app updated
Once you have the ExpressVPN app, updates will be available in your App Store regardless of your country, if your iOS version is 11.3 or higher.
If you cannot get app updates from the App Store, try to update iOS to the latest version. If you are still unable to get app updates after updating iOS, you will need to switch App Stores by using the Apple ID that you used to first download ExpressVPN. To do so, please follow these steps:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign In.
- Sign in to the iTunes Store. Enter the Apple ID and password you used to originally download ExpressVPN and tap OK.
- Open the App Store.
You can now download app updates for ExpressVPN from this version of the App Store. When you are finished downloading the update, switch back to your regular Apple ID and App Store location.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to switch App Stores when I want to use my other apps?
No. Once the ExpressVPN app is on your device, it will work no matter what country your Apple ID is associated with, so you should switch back to your regular Apple ID and App Store location after downloading. If you have iOS version 11.3 or higher, you will be able to update your ExpressVPN app in your regular App Store. There is no need to switch back and forth to get updates.
Only users with older iOS versions will need to change App Stores to update their ExpressVPN apps. To do so, follow the instructions above.