How to Unblock Wikipedia with a VPN
Are you using the internet from somewhere that won’t let you access Wikipedia? Learn how you can use a VPN proxy server to access the world’s biggest open-source content library.Get ExpressVPN
Why get VPN for Wikipedia?
Wikipedia is home to the biggest open-source database on the planet. With more than 17 million articles and counting, it’s the world’s go-to destination for information.
Unfortunately, Wikipedia may be blocked in certain areas. Whether you want to access Wikipedia at school, access Wikipedia at home, or simply access Wikipedia for fun, you’re going to need a VPN.
Don’t be stuck on the outside. Unblock Wikipedia with a VPN server proxy today.
Did you know...
- The most edited Wikipedia page in history belongs to George W. Bush, with more than 45,800 edits and counting.
- Wikipedia is one of the most popular websites in the world, with more than 500 million unique readers every month.
- Wikipedia holds the record for the largest encyclopedia in the world.
- The word "Wiki” is Hawaiian for quick. The term itself has become synonymous with something that can be edited quickly.
Is it ok to use a VPN?
Yes! Millions of people around the world access the internet through a VPN each and every day. When you connect to a VPN network, you create a secure tunnel between your computer and whatever websites you visit online.
You can browse anonymously and appear to be anywhere you want—thereby giving you access to websites like Wikipedia, even when they’re blocked.
How do I use a VPN?
Getting set up with a VPN is simple and only takes a few seconds. Just follow this three-step process.
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account on the device(s) of your choice.
- Follow the download instructions.
- Connect to any one of ExpressVPN’s 145 server locations to unblock Wikipedia.