Stuck and need some help?Talk to a human
If you see the following error message in your connection log:
ERROR: Error while VPN connection is established: [RasDialException] The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This is typically caused by a pre-shared key problem
Select your method of connecting to ExpressVPN to see the resolution steps.
I am connecting via…
To resolve the issue, change your VPN protocol to Automatic. See instructions on changing your protocol.
- Check that the pre-shared key you entered is correct. The pre-shared key is 12345678.
- Check that you have entered your credentials correctly. To find your credentials:
- Log in to your ExpressVPN account
- After logging in, verify that your subscription has not expired
- Click Set Up ExpressVPN
- Open the section titled Manual Configurations (PPTP and L2TP-IPSec)
- Copy and paste your Username and Password