How to live stream the Emmys
The 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards show aired Sunday, September 18th. As the 69th annual show, this year was glitzier and more glam than ever.
Wondering how to watch the 2018 Emmy Awards live online? All you need is this trusty guide and a reliable VPN.
When are the 2018 Emmys?
Details are yet to be confirmed for the 2018 edition of the Emmys.
Stephen Colbert, who hosted the 2017 Emmys, will probably be enjoying the 2018 edition as part of the audience.
Keep an eye on this page to find out the whos, whats, wheres, and whens for the 2018 Emmy Awards.
How do I watch the 2018 Emmys online?
In 2018, the easiest way to watch the Emmys was through NBC. Unfortunately, the service is only available in the States.
Luckily, a VPN will give you inside access to this year’s biggest awards show.
To stream the Primetime Emmys, simply:
- Use ExpressVPN to connect to a server in the U.S.
- Head to https://www.nbc.com/emmy-awards?nbc=1
- Follow the prompts to enter your (or your family’s) cable provider and cable information
- If you don’t have a NBC subscription, use the free trial
- Stream away!
Stream the Emmy Awards online from Canada
In 2018, CTV also offered a live stream of the event. To watch:
- Use ExpressVPN to connect to a server in Canada
- Head to https://www.ctv.ca/emmyawards
- Sign in to your CTV account
- Sit back and enjoy!
Watch the Emmys live from Australia
Living Down Under? Australian audiences could also enjoy the 2018 Emmys. Here’s how:
- Use ExpressVPN to connect to a server in Australia
- Head to https://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-emmy-awards
- Follow the on-site instructions
- Tune in to the excitement!
Other ways to watch the Emmys
The Emmys are all about innovation. In 2016, ABC and Facebook teamed up to offer viewers a true 360-degree experience, building on the Emmys’ tradition of excitement and humor.
A range of social media platforms offered exclusive Emmy content for the 2018 Emmys. You could tune into:
- Snapchat and Instagram for special Stories and photos
- Facebook for behind-the-scenes videos and photos, including The Emmys’ Backstage Live!
- Twitter for an exclusive after-show
- Emmys.com for photos, news, and Backstage Live!
Still having trouble watching? Contact Support.
Who’s up for an Emmy in 2018?
Watch this space! In the meantime, see the full list of the 2017 Emmy nominees and winners.
Did you know…
— COMMON (@common) September 10, 2017
- The iconic Emmy award was created by an engineer who modeled the woman holding an atom after his wife. The TV Academy went through a total of 47 proposals before choosing the one you see today.
- The awards are named after “Immy”, an abbreviation for the image orthicon camera tube. In later years, it would be changed to “Emmy” to fit the female statuette.
- Betty White was the oldest winner in 2010, aged 88. She also became the oldest nominee in 2012 at age 90.
- Roxana Zal was the youngest Primetime Emmy Winner when the 14-year-old claimed the award in 1984.
- Kellyanne Conway got nominated for an Emmy. Well, not really. Conway herself was not involved with the ceremony, but a pre-filmed Saturday Night Live sketch about Conway was nominated for Outstanding Editing in the Variety Genre.