Stuck and need some help?Talk to a Human
This guide will show you how to check if your IP address is registered with ExpressVPN in 4 easy steps.
1. Check for existing VPN or proxy connections
Make sure you are not using any proxy and check that there are no active VPN connections.
2. Sign in to access your DNS settings
Sign in to your account using your email address and password.
Go to the DNS Settings tab after signing in.
3. Check your IP address registration
Check if your IP is registered. If not, select Register my IP address.
You can also choose to enable Automatically register my IP address. This is recommended (but optional) so that you don’t have to manually register your IP again if it changes.
4. Change your DNS server address
Once your IP address is registered, change the DNS server address on your device.
If you’re changing your IP address on an Apple TV, Xbox, or PlayStation, remember to restart your device.
If the problem persists, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team for further assistance.
When does ExpressVPN remove IPs?
If you have « enabled » the option to automatically register your IP address, your IP address will be deleted if:
- you don’t use an ExpressVPN app with that IP for 30 days
- you don’t sign into your ExpressVPN account with that IP for 30 days
If you have « disabled » the option to automatically register your IP address, your IP address will be deleted if:
- you don’t sign into your ExpressVPN account and click Register my IP address, using that IP, for 30 days
For revoked accounts, please note it can take up to 30 days after the account is revoked for the IP to be removed.
If you have a dynamic IP address, it is possible that an IP previously assigned to you will be assigned to someone else later. If that person registers their IP with ExpressVPN, the IP will appear in ExpressVPN’s systems again.