For older versions of ExpressVPN for routers click here
Wondering how to add an extra boost to your home’s Internet security? ExpressVPN now offers an easy-to-use app for routers. This lets you protect every device that is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network—even ones that aren’t able to run VPN software.
How’s that for maximum protection?
Why Use a VPN on a Router?
When you use ExpressVPN’s apps for routers, you’re able to protect all the devices in your home, even ones that can’t run a VPN. That’s right! Your Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Chromecast, and various new “Internet of Things” gadgets like smart locks, smart light bulbs, and intelligent toilets are all protected.
Plus, you’ll be keeping your network safe against security and privacy issues such as IP or DNS leaks.
3 Reasons Why ExpressVPN’s Router App Is Better Than the Rest
There are many ways of getting a VPN on a router, but ExpressVPN’s new app wins with these strong points:
1. Easy to use. Get the simplicity of ExpressVPN apps for other devices, now on your router.
2. Best-in-class protection. Some manually configured routers can still have DNS or IP leaks. The ExpressVPN app for routers was specifically designed to prevent these types of leaks, thereby giving you even better protection as well as fast connection speeds.
3. Blazing-fast speeds. The app runs on hardware devices that deliver VPN speeds up to 30Mbps, which is faster than most other VPN routers, and great for even the highest levels of video streaming quality. And if you need assistance on anything, ExpressVPN’s round-the-clock support is just one click away!
Sounds Great! Where Can I Get This?
- To use ExpressVPN on a router, you’ll first need an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Get one of the following supported router models (with more coming soon!):
- Linksys WRT1200AC
- Linksys WRT1900AC
- Linksys WRT1900ACS
- You can get your router (with everything pre-loaded and ready-to-go) via FlashRouters. Alternatively, you can first buy the hardware online at Amazon or the Linksys’ store and then add the ExpressVPN firmware later.
- Flash the ExpressVPN software onto the device (only if you purchased through Amazon or Linksys).
What Do You Think of the New ExpressVPN App for Routers?
Now that you know where and how to get the ExpressVPN app for routers, how is it working out for you? ExpressVPN is committed to bringing you the best possible apps, and welcome all your questions, comments, and/or concerns. Just leave them in the comments below.
And, as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to Support if you have any questions!