For older versions of ExpressVPN for Mac click here
New Year, New Look
We’re thrilled to unveil our handsomest app to date!
Nothing’s changed under the hood, but we felt it was time to give our app a facelift.
Here’s a message from the brains behind the new design, our UX designer, Jenny:
One of our goals was to make the app simpler. We wanted to draw attention to how the app secures your Internet connection. So when you’re not connected to the app, the icon is an open padlock, but when you’re connected, the padlock is closed. We hope you all like the new design!
How to Get ExpressVPN v5 for Mac
To get ExpressVPN 5.0, please follow these steps:
If you’re running ExpressVPN v4.x, please click the Update Notification to download the newest app.
Or you can sign in to our website by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link at the top of your screen.
On the Sign In page, enter your email address and password, and click SIGN IN.
After you have signed in, click Set Up ExpressVPN. You will be taken to the Downloads page.
Under the Mac OS section, click the DOWNLOAD NOW button ExpressVPN 5.0. The file will begin to download to your computer.
For more detailed instructions on how to install ExpressVPN 5.0, please refer to our tutorial guide:
Try Out the Speed Test
Although the Speed Test feature isn’t new, we encourage you to try it if you haven’t yet. The Speed Test lets you know which server location will give you the fastest speeds.
If you’re not sure how to use your Speed Test Results, please read our blog post about the VPN Speed Test for Mac.
Let Us Know What You Think!
Previous Mac app updates
Say Hello to ExpressVPN 4.0 for Mac, Inspired by User Feedback
You asked, we delivered!
We’re thrilled to announce the release of ExpressVPN 4.0 for Mac.
Over the years we’ve received tons of helpful feedback from YOU, our awesome user community. We’ve listened carefully to your feedback, and worked hard to incorporate your insights into ExpressVPN 4.0.
The biggest change you’ll notice is that the new app is more user-friendly than ever. We’ve also improved the look and feel of the interface so that it blends seamlessly into your Mac’s beautiful Yosemite environment.
- A sleek new design. It’s a handsomer, simpler interface that’s built to feel native to the operating system. And we think you’ll like it.
- Favorite locations. Mark your preferred locations as favorites so they’re always right at your fingertips.
- Improved location picker. Now you can find locations faster with new location lists, sorted by region and alphabetically.
- Automatic reconnection. If your connection drops unexpectedly, the app fixes that for you by automatically reconnecting to the same location.
- Seamless in-app help. If you run into any problems, you can easily contact ExpressVPN’s Customer Support team from right inside the app.
- Always know your connection status. The new app indicates your connection status on the Dock and menu bar icons, so you know your connection status at a glance. We’ve also added desktop notifications so you’re alerted if something goes wrong.
- Express connect. Power users can now connect to and switch between locations using the menu bar extra at the top right of the screen. You can now skip the extra step of opening the ExpressVPN window to manage your connection!
We shipped the Mac app to all existing customers running OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and above yesterday.
Check out our animation of the new UI and location picker below!
Get ExpressVPN 4.0 for Mac
To get this version, launch your ExpressVPN Mac app and click on the update notification. Or, you can log in to your account on our site and click “Setup My VPN Account” for the download link. We hope you like it as much as we enjoyed making it!
Once you’ve given the new app a go, we’d love to hear your feedback! Leave us a comment and let us know your thoughts.
Announcing New Version of ExpressVPN for Mac – v3.037
We’ve incorporated a number of awesome features into our brand new Mac client. Here’s what’s new
-Recommended VPN server locations based on speed test results
-Choose top recommended server location automatically with 1 click
-Support for L2TP/IPSec and SSTP protocols within the app
In order to change the VPN protocol you are using, click the “Options” button within the app. It is useful to try different selections to figure out which protocol works best for you.
To get the new version just click the upgrade button in your existing software or login to your account at our website.
All-New Version of ExpressVPN for Mac – Upgrade Now
We’re excited to announce a completely new version of ExpressVPN for Mac OS X 10.6 and higher.
Compared to our previous application for Mac, it offers:
- More than 10 additional server locations, including Hong Kong, Singapore, various countries in Europe, and more cities in the US
- Faster speeds
- Improved visual design
The upgrade is free for all existing customers. To get it now:
- Log into our customer portal
- Click “View VPN Account Details”
- In the section “Default ExpressVPN Account”, click on the link to download our Mac application
- Copy the “activation code” listed there, and paste it into the application after installation
Feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to guide you through the upgrade.