How to get a VPN for Mac
Secure Mac VPN client, from Mavericks and Yosemite to Sierra and High Sierra
- The VPN MacBook users trust
- Unblock the internet in one click
- Browse Safari privately and securely
- No-fuss 30-day money-back guarantee
Take back your internet with a risk-free VPN for Mac.
How to set up VPN on Mac
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN subscription on the order page
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Mac
- Connect to any of our 148 server locations
- Use the internet the way you want to use it!
If you need help, the ExpressVPN Support Team is available via live chat and email.
Set up ExpressVPN on Mac in 3 easy steps!
Click the ON button to use the VPN. To connect elsewhere, tap CHOOSE LOCATION.
Choose between Recommended, All, and Favorite Locations.
Once you’re connected, you’ll be able to surf with privacy.
Video: How to install ExpressVPN on macOS
Download a VPN for all Apple products
You love Apple products. You want online privacy. Use ExpressVPN to empower any Macintosh you own.
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro
- iMac Retina 5K
- Mac Pro
- Mac mini
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
- macOS El Capitan (10.11)
- macOS Yosemite (10.10)
- macOS Mavericks (10.9)
- macOS Mountain Lion (10.8)
- macOS Lion (10.7)
- macOS Snow Leopard (10.6)
ExpressVPN for Mac key features
OpenVPN as standard
The ExpressVPN app for Mac uses OpenVPN, the VPN protocol that provides the most security and the highest performance, by default.
Network Lock kill switch
If your VPN connection drops unexpectedly, ExpressVPN prevents your network traffic from being exposed to third parties.
Connection Per App (split tunneling)
Choose which apps use the VPN and which apps don’t when you’re connected to ExpressVPN.
See why ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Mac
Also voted Best VPN for Mac in 2017 by BestVPN.com
Why choose ExpressVPN?
- 24/7 customer support through live chat
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 148 VPN server locations in 94 countries
- Easy to use
- Apps for every device
- Speed-optimized network
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Best-in-class encryption
- Private, anonymous service
- Based in the BVI