Stuck and need some help?Talk to a Human
If you are connected to a VPN server location and cannot disconnect from it on your iOS device, please try the following steps:
- Make sure your app is updated to version 6.5 or newer.
- Change your VPN protocol:
- Open the Options Menu (≡) in the top left corner of your screen
- Tap VPN Settings and then VPN Protocol
- Change the protocol to IPsec or IKEv2
- Change the protocol back to Automatic or any other protocol
- Return to the main screen and connect to a server location
- If the above does not work, please restart your device:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the side of your device until the red slider appears
- Drag the slider to the right to turn your iOS device off
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo
- If the two above steps do not resolve the problem, please uninstall and then reinstall ExpressVPN on your device
Try live chat to get help instantly.