Non vuoi leggere questa pagina?Parla con una persona
This guide will show you what to do if the ExpressVPN app on your device is:
- Taking too long to disconnect
- Stuck on “disconnecting”
After each step, check if the issue is fixed. If the issue is fixed, you can skip the rest of the steps.
1. Download the latest version of ExpressVPN
Check whether you are using the latest version of the ExpressVPN app. If not, download the latest app version for your device.
Set up your ExpressVPN app:
- Setup instructions for Windows
- Setup instructions for Mac
- Setup instructions for iOS
- Setup instructions for Android
2. Change your VPN protocol
VPN protocols are the methods by which your device connects to a VPN server. For the best experience, ExpressVPN recommends using the Automatic protocol option. This is selected by default and automatically picks the protocol most appropriate for your network.
If you have issues disconnecting from the VPN, try changing your VPN protocol in the following order (if available):
- Lightway – TCP
- Lightway – UDP
- OpenVPN – TCP
- OpenVPN – UDP
How to change the protocol for the…
3. Restart your device
- Restart your device.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Try connecting and disconnecting to see if the issue is resolved.
4. Reinstall the ExpressVPN app
- Uninstall your app.
- Install and set up your ExpressVPN app: