What can a VPN do?Show Me
5 ways to use your VPNSee Them Now
This article will show you how to verify if ExpressVPN is working on your device.
- Connect to ExpressVPN. You can do this with the ExpressVPN app or by manual configuration. Learn about the differences between the app and manual setup.
- After completing the connection steps, check your IP address. You should see Your IP address is secured.
- You may also want to run a DNS leak test. Your DNS leak status should show No DNS leaks detected, with only one ExpressVPN server IP listed.
Bonus tip: Configure ExpressVPN on your router
Instead of individually setting up a VPN on each of your devices, you can secure the connections for all of your devices by connecting them to a router that runs the ExpressVPN app for routers.
To connect all your devices to a router:
- Set up the ExpressVPN app for routers on a supported router
- Connect devices of your choice to the router
- Check your IP address on your connected device
- Optional: Run the DNS leak test on your connected device
If steps 3 or 4 fail, go to the ExpressVPN router dashboard and select the Devices tab. Check that your devices are connected to the router and set to use Router VPN.