Are you looking to delete your Internet Explorer history? Frequently deleting your history helps protect your internet privacy, which is particularly important if you are using a shared device.
Why should you delete your Internet Explorer history?
Deleting your web browser history is a healthy online habit. Unfortunately, many people don’t seem to realize the benefits of doing so or don’t do it on a regular basis.
Here are some reasons why you should delete your Internet Explorer history:
- It frees up drive space in your computer
- It prevents temporary files from building up and slowing down your online experience
- It is an effective way to combat cache corruption
- It stops others from seeing your online activities, which is especially important if you’re using a public or shared computer
How to delete your Internet Explorer history
Step 1: In your Internet Explorer browser, click the gear icon and then hover your mouse over Safety.
Step 2: In the new menu that appears next to Safety, click Delete browsing history.
Step 3: In the Delete Browsing History check box, check every box except Preserve Favorites website data, and then click Delete. Be sure to read the description for each item first.
And that’s it! You’ve just been granted a fresh new start… on Internet Explorer. Enjoy!
Do more to protect your internet privacy
Now if you REALLY want to step up your internet privacy game, here are more steps you can take.
- Use ExpressVPN. While “pausing” Google Web & App History prevents Google from collecting data about you, it doesn’t prevent your ISP from tracking what you’re doing online and potentially sharing it with corporations and governments. To hide your online activity from your ISP, use a VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Use Tor Browser. Tor hides your location and online activities from anybody doing network surveillance or traffic analysis, so your internet activity is difficult to trace back to you. It’s one of your best bets for maintaining anonymity online. To maximize the effectiveness of Tor, be sure to read these tips: Want Tor to really work?
Safe browsing, everyone!
Want more help with de-cluttering your online life? Check out ExpressVPN’s guides on: