What can a VPN do?Show Me
5 ways to use your VPNSee them now
This guide will show you how to find and use your activation code for the ExpressVPN apps. It will also provide instructions for users who have expired activation codes.
Jump to section
Step 1: Sign in to your account
Enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then hit SIGN IN.
Step 2: Find your activation code
After signing in, you will see your activation code.
When do I need to use my activation code?
If you are an existing ExpressVPN user, you may still be asked to re-enter your activation code when:
- You are installing the ExpressVPN app on a new device
- You previously signed out of the ExpressVPN app on your existing device
- You previously uninstalled the ExpressVPN app on your device and are reinstalling it now
- Your previous activation code has expired
My activation code has expired
When entering your activation code, you may see an error along the lines of:
This activation code has either expired or is incorrect. Please log in to our website to get your correct activation code and try again
Resolution: check that you correctly entered the activation code for an active subscription. You can check whether your subscription has expired by signing into your account.
If you have confirmed that your activation code is correct and has not expired, the error might be caused by:
- your network blocking activations
- wrong system time and date
- your antivirus or firewall