Brug for en VPN til Chromebook?Få ExpressVPN nu
Én ExpressVPN-konto. På alle enheder.Få apps gratis
This tutorial will show you how to configure ExpressVPN on Chromebook using L2TP/IPsec.
Not all ExpressVPN locations may be available for manually configured connections. To use the full list of VPN locations, use the app setup.
1. Get your ExpressVPN account credentials
Go to the ExpressVPN setup page. If prompted, enter your ExpressVPN credentials. Click Sign In.
Enter the verification code that is sent to your email.
On the right, select L2TP/IPsec.
This will show you your username, password, and a list of server addresses around the world.
Keep this browser window open. You will need this information for the setup later.
2. Set up and connect to the VPN
On your Chromebook desktop, click the time at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Then, click .
Under Network, click Add connection > Add OpenVPN/ L2TP…
In the Join VPN network screen, enter the following:
- Server hostname: Paste the server address you found earlier.
- Service name: Enter any name that will help you recognize your VPN connection. For example: ExpressVPN LA.
- Provider type: Select L2TP/IPsec + pre-shared key.
- Pre-shared key: Enter 12345678.
- Username: Enter the username you found earlier.
- Password: Enter the password you found earlier.
- Group name: Leave this blank.
- Save identity and password: Toggle this on if you want to save these settings.
When you see the key icon next to the name of the VPN connection, you have successfully connected to ExpressVPN. You can check your IP address to verify you are connected to the VPN.
Disconnect from a VPN server location
Under Network, click VPN. Select the VPN connection you created and click Disconnect.