Update as of June 1, 2021
In addition to using the latest versions of the ExpressVPN apps, users in the U.A.E. should connect to the server locations listed on this page for more reliable connectivity.
This page will always be updated with the latest advice on staying connected in the U.A.E.
How to troubleshoot your connection in the U.A.E.
Jump to section
1. Use the latest versions of the ExpressVPN apps
Keeping your app up to date is critical to getting connected. Follow these links to download the newest versions for your operating system:
Please follow these steps to install and use the new version of ExpressVPN for Android, which may help improve connection reliability.
- Ensure that you have enabled APK installs on your Android device.
- Download the latest APK installer file directly to your Android device.
- Install ExpressVPN from the APK file. (There is no need to delete or uninstall the existing ExpressVPN app.)
- After you open your updated app, please wait a minute before trying to connect the first time.
Find the ExpressVPN app on the iOS App Store and tap Update.
If you do not see Update as an option:
- Go to the Updates tab to refresh the list of updates by pulling down and releasing.
- If you still do not see ExpressVPN in the list of updates, you may need to switch App Stores by using the Apple ID that you used to first download ExpressVPN.
2. Set the protocol in your ExpressVPN app to Automatic
Follow these steps to change the VPN protocol on your device:
3. Try connecting to these locations
UK - East London
UK - London
USA - New York
Germany - Frankfurt - 1
4. Bookmark and keep checking this page
We will continue to update this page with the latest guidance.
If you need further assistance, please contact the ExpressVPN Support Team.