Stuck and need some help?Contact Support
This guide will teach you how to spoof your location in Mozilla Firefox. Spoofing your location can help you access censored content.
To spoof your location in Firefox, you are recommended to:
- Mac, PC, and Linux: Use the ExpressVPN browser extension
- Linux: Use Location Guard + VPN
Please note that ExpressVPN is not affiliated with Location Guard.
Note: If your computer is using Wi-Fi, make sure Bluetooth is off. If you’re using LAN, make sure both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are off.
Mac, PC, and Linux: Spoof your location with the ExpressVPN browser extension
Sites that use HTML5 geolocation can see your real location even when connected to VPN.
To prevent this, the easiest way to spoof your location inside Mozilla Firefox is to use the ExpressVPN browser extension. The ExpressVPN Firefox extension is available for PC and Mac.
You can see how to use the ExpressVPN browser extension to spoof your location in Firefox.
Linux: Spoof your location with the Location Guard browser extension + VPN
For best protection against location leaking, we highly recommend that you connect to the VPN in addition to using Location Guard.
Location Guard is available for Firefox 38.0 and above. If you are running an older version of Firefox, you will need to upgrade your browser version in order to follow this guide and receive important Firefox upgrades.
- Decide on a location you want to spoof to, e.g., Tokyo.
- Connect your ExpressVPN app to your selected location (See instructions for Windows and Mac).
- Visit the Firefox Add-on page for Location Guard and install Location Guard on your browser. You may need to restart your browser.
- After installation, click the Location Guard extension icon in your browser.
- Select Options. This will open the options menu in a new tab.
- In the left-side menu, click Fixed Location.
- Drag the location marker to match the VPN location you selected above.
- Close the options menu tab and return to the webpage you want to access. Refresh the page and click the Location Guard extension icon in your browser.
- In the list of options, select Set level for [web page name].
- Select Use fixed location and close the extension menu.
- Check that your location has changed. You may need to refresh the page again.