Chcesz mieć ExpressVPN na swoim Macu?Zobacz aplikację na Maca
Odczuwasz zbyt dużą frustrację, by przeczytać tę stronę?Porozmawiaj z prawdziwą osobą
This guide will show you how to resolve DNS leaks when running antivirus or online security applications with the ExpressVPN app.
By default, you will use ExpressVPN’s private and secure DNS servers when connected to the VPN. If you use the ExpressVPN app while an antivirus or online security application, such as Norton 360 and Avast, is running, this may cause:
- The antivirus or online security application to interfere with the ExpressVPN app
- Your device to use the antivirus or online security application’s DNS servers. This can lead to DNS leaks
To resolve DNS leaks, follow the steps below. After each step, run the leak test to see if the issue is fixed. If the issue is fixed, you can skip the rest of the steps.
Before proceeding, make sure you are using the latest version of the ExpressVPN Mac app.
1. Disable your antivirus or online security application’s browser extension and DNS or web filtering feature
Disable any browser extension associated with your antivirus or online security application that could be interfering with your ExpressVPN app. Also, disable your antivirus or online security application’s DNS or web filtering feature so your device will use only ExpressVPN’s DNS servers.
Different antivirus or online security products have different names for their DNS or web filtering feature. For specific instructions, contact your antivirus or online security application provider.
2. Confirm your ExpressVPN app settings
- In the ExpressVPN app, click > Preferences…
- In the General tab, make sure the two boxes for Network Lock are checked.
- Make sure Manage connection on a per-app basis is not checked. (This option only appears on macOS 10.15 or below.)
- Click the Advanced tab. Make sure Prevents IPv6 address detection while connected is checked.
3. Reconnect to the ExpressVPN app
In your ExpressVPN app, reconnect to any VPN server location to see if the issue is fixed.