Haluatko ExpressVPN:n reitittimellesi?Tutustu reititinsovellukseen
Tutustu sovellukseen reitittimillePuhu asiakastukihenkilön kanssa
This guide will show you how to restore the original firmware of a router running ExpressVPN. Before you start, make sure to download the router’s original firmware on the official Asus, Linksys, or Netgear websites.
Restore the original firmware of a router running ExpressVPN (v2)
- Sign in to your router running ExpressVPN.
- Select Advanced Settings > Software Update.
- Select Choose File.
- Select the router’s original firmware file you downloaded. Select Update Now.
- Your router will take some time to update its firmware. During this process, your devices will be disconnected from the router’s network.
- Connect to the router’s network using a LAN cable or Wi-Fi.
- Access your router’s default gateway to check if you restored its original firmware successfully.
“Invalid file. Upload again.”
If you see the “Invalid file. Upload again” message, you may have uploaded a firmware file that is not for your router model or with an incorrect file format. Make sure to download the right firmware file for your router model on the official Asus, Linksys, or Netgear websites.
The correct file format for different router’s firmwares are:
- Asus: trx
- Netgear: chk
- Linksys: img
I’ve “bricked” my router
If you have “bricked” your router (it stops responding after because of a fault in the firmware resetting process), contact your router’s manufacturer for assistance.
If you are using a Linksys router, you can also try these steps:
- Turn on the router.
- Keep it on for six to ten seconds.
- Turn off the router.
Repeat this process three more times.