Quer a ExpressVPN no seu Windows?Veja o app para Windows
Frustrado demais para ler esta página?Fale com um humano
This guide will show you how to resolve DNS leaks when running antivirus or online security applications with the ExpressVPN app.
When connected to ExpressVPN, your device runs DNS queries using ExpressVPN’s secure DNS servers.
If you use the ExpressVPN app along with an antivirus or online security application such as Norton 360 and Avast, the antivirus or online security application may interfere with the ExpressVPN app and instruct your device not to use ExpressVPN’s DNS servers. This may result in DNS leaks.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below. After each step, run the leak test to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, you can skip the rest of the steps.
Before proceeding, make sure you are using the latest version of the ExpressVPN Windows app.
1. Disable your antivirus or online security application’s browser extension and DNS or web filtering feature
Disable any browser extension associated with your antivirus or online security application that could be interfering with your ExpressVPN app. (This will not affect the performance of your antivirus or online security application.) Also disable your antivirus or online security application’s DNS or web filtering feature so your device will only use ExpressVPN’s DNS servers.
Different antivirus or online security products have different names for their DNS or web filtering feature. For specific instructions, contact your antivirus or online security application provider.
2. Ensure DNS is set to Automatic
- Open the Windows Run command.
- Type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click your active internet connection.
- Select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv6) (whichever is checked).
- Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click OK.
3. Confirm your ExpressVPN app settings
- In the ExpressVPN app, click > Options > General.
- Make sure the two boxes for Network Lock are checked.
- Make sure Manage connection on a per-app basis is not checked.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Prevents IPv6 address detection while connected is checked.
- Click OK.