ต้องการ VPN สำหรับ Linux หรือไม่?รับ ExpressVPN ตอนนี้
ชื่นชอบ ExpressVPN หรือไม่? ต้องการเดือนฟรีหรือไม่?แนะนำเพื่อนตอนนี้
This tutorial will show you how to manually set up ExpressVPN on Linux via Ubuntu Network Manager.
Not all ExpressVPN locations may be available for manually configured connections. To use the full list of VPN locations, use the app setup.
If you want to remove this warning, open the .ovpn file with a text editor and either:
- delete the line containing keysize
- add # in front of the keysize (#keysize 256).
Alternatively, you can ignore the warning without any negative effects.
1. Find your ExpressVPN account credentials
Go to the ExpressVPN setup page. If prompted, enter your ExpressVPN credentials and click Sign In.
Enter the verification code that is sent to your email.
On the right, with OpenVPN already selected for you, you will see your username, password, and a list of OpenVPN configuration files.
Click the location(s) you want in order to download the .ovpn file(s). Keep this browser window open. You will need this information for the setup later.
Next, download this ZIP file which contains the VPN keys and certificates.
After, go to the Downloads folder (or the location you saved the file to). Locate the file, right-click it, and select extract here to unzip it for later.
2. Set up the VPN
On your desktop, click ⋮⋮⋮. In the search bar, type Network.
Next to VPN, click .
Click Import from file…
Select the ExpressVPN OpenVPN configuration file you downloaded earlier. Click Open.
In the Identity tab, under Authentication, enter the following details:
- Type: Select Password with Certificates (TLS).
- User name: Enter the username you found earlier.
- Password: Enter the password you found earlier.
Next, click Advanced…
Under the General tab, enter the following details:
- Use custom gateway port: Check this box, then enter 1195.
- Data compression: Select LZO.
- Use custom tunnel Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU): Check this box, then enter 1500.
- Use custom UDP fragment size: Check this box, then enter 1300.
- Restrict tunnel TCP Maximum Segment Size (MSS): Check this box.
- Randomize remote hosts: Check this box.
Select the Security tab. Make sure the following options are selected.
- Cipher: Select AES-256-CBC.
- HMAC Authentication: Select SHA-512.
Select the TLS Authentication tab. Under Additional TLS authentication or encryption, enter the following details:
- Key File: Locate the folder where the ZIP file was saved earlier, then select the ta.key file. Click Open.
- Key Direction: Select 1.
3. Connect to a VPN server location
To connect to a VPN server location, go to Network, then toggle the new VPN profile on.
If prompted, enter the password provided for the OpenVPN configuration.
Once you are connected to ExpressVPN, you will see an icon that says “VPN” at the top right corner of your desktop.
Check your location and IP address to confirm the VPN connection is working.
Disconnect from a VPN server location
To disconnect from a VPN server location, click the VPN icon at the top right corner of your desktop. Select the VPN profile, then click Turn Off.