This guide will show you the versions of different devices compatible with the latest versions of the ExpressVPN app. The latest app versions come with security and privacy enhancements but may not be compatible with older device versions.
The ExpressVPN Windows app requires Windows 7 or above to run. Find which version of Windows you are using.
If you are using Windows 7 or above, use the ExpressVPN Windows app.
If you are using Windows Vista or below:
- Update your version of Windows, or
- If you are unable to update your Windows version, use the OpenVPN manual configuration
The ExpressVPN Mac app requires the following versions of OS X or macOS:
- Mac OS X 10.11, or
- macOS 10.12 or above
If you are using a compatible Mac version, use the ExpressVPN Mac app.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.10 or below:
- Update your version of Mac, or
- If you are unable to update your Mac version, use the OpenVPN or L2TP/IPsec manual configurations.
The ExpressVPN Android app requires Android 5 or above to run. Find which version of Android you are using.
If you are using Android 5 or above, use the ExpressVPN Android app.
If you are using Android 4.4 or below:
- Update your version of Android, or
- If you are unable to update your Android version, use the OpenVPN manual configuration
The ExpressVPN iOS app requires iOS 12 or above to run. Find which version of iOS you are using.
If you are using a compatible version of iOS, use the ExpressVPN iOS app.
If you are using iOS 11 or below:
- Update your iOS to download the latest version of the app, or
- If you are unable to update your iOS, use the L2TP manual configuration
The ExpressVPN Linux app is compatible with these Linux distro versions:
- Ubuntu: All LTS and interim releases currently supported by Ubuntu’s standard support window
- Debian: 9 (Stretch) and 10 (Buster)
- Fedora: 34
- Arch: Latest rolling release
- Raspberry Pi (armhf): 9 (Stretch) and 10 (Buster)
- Mint: Linux Mint 20.1 and Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) 4
ExpressVPN for routers is compatible with the following router models:
- Netgear R6300v2
- Netgear R6700v3
- Netgear R6400v2
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000P
If your router is not compatible with ExpressVPN, see a list of routers that can use ExpressVPN’s manual configurations.