Need a VPN or DNS for your device?Get ExpressVPN Now
One ExpressVPN account. All devices.Get Apps for Free
This tutorial will teach you how to watch Game of Thrones using ExpressVPN.
The blockbuster HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones is back for its eighth and final season, with each episode scheduled to air Sunday nights at 9 p.m. EST, right up until the series finale on May 19.
The show, based on George R.R. Martin’s landmark “Song of Ice and Fire” book series, has been licensed to channels all over the world, but many viewers will want to catch it through its main streaming platforms, HBO Go and HBO Now, whether at home or while traveling. While there is no difference in the available content, you may have to use a certain service based on your location or the platform you want to watch on.
Watch ‘Game of Thrones’ on…
Available on: Android, iOS, Mac, Roku, Windows
HBO Now is available as a standalone service without a cable or satellite subscription for USD14.99/month, although a free 7-day trial is available. You can watch HBO Now in a web browser on Windows and Mac. If you want to watch it on Android, iOS, or Roku, you will need to get the HBO Now app on your device.
- Connect to a U.S. server location.
- Go to https://play.hbonow.com/.
- Sign in with your HBO Now account credentials.
Note: Signing up for HBO Now will require you to supply a U.S. credit card.
Available on: Amazon Fire TV, Android, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS, MediaCorp Toggle, PlayStation 4, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, TiVo, Xbox One
If you or a member of your family subscribe to HBO through your cable or satellite TV provider, HBO Go is probably available to you for free. HBO Go works on most major platforms.
- Connect to a VPN server location in the country where you have registered cable.
- Do an online search for “HBO Go” in the same country. The correct URL will vary, but in the U.S., it is https://play.hbogo.com/login. You will need an active cable subscription with HBO.
- Log in with your cable credentials.
Note: HBO Go is available in markets outside the U.S., including Europe, Latin America, and Asia, but the content may be edited to match what is available on those markets’ HBO channels.
HBO on Amazon
Available on: Amazon Fire TV, Android, iOS, Smart TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Amazon Prime subscribers can watch HBO without cable. Adding HBO to an Amazon Video account costs USD14.99/month, but a 7-day free trial is also available.
- Connect to a U.S. server location
- Open the HBO Now app or Prime Video app
- Sign in with your account credentials
Note: HBO is available to Amazon Prime users whose accounts are linked to a U.S. mailing address.
Sky Go (UK)
Game of Thrones airs on Sky Atlantic in the UK, available through the pay television provider Sky UK. Subscribers who get Sky Atlantic as part of their Sky TV contract (starting at GBP22/month) have free access to Sky Go, a streaming app that works throughout the EU. To watch on Sky Go:
- Connect to a UK server location.
- Download the Sky Go app for your device.
- Sign in with your Sky TV credentials.
Foxtel Now (Australia)
Game of Thrones airs on Fox Showcase in Australia, available through the pay television provider Foxtel in packages starting at AUD25/month. Subscribers have free access to Foxtel Now, a streaming app. To watch on Foxtel Now:
- Connect to an Australian server location.
- Download the Foxtel Now app for your device.
- Sign in with your Foxtel credentials.
Game of Thrones is available through the streaming service Hotstar in India, available in packages starting at INR299/month. To watch through Hotstar:
- Connect to an Indian server location.
- Go to Hotstar’s “Game of Thrones” page.
- Sign in with your Hotstar credentials.
Note: You may be required to supply an Indian phone number.