How to watch the English Premier League with a VPN
The English Premier League season starts in mid-August and ends in mid-May. The 2016/17 season will start on Saturday, August 13, 2016, and finish on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Most matches kick off on Saturdays at 3pm UK time. But televised Premier League games sometimes vary from week to week, so be sure to check the latest fixtures.
While matches are shown all over the world, here are just a few different options.
Watch live matches on Sky Sports and BT Sport (UK)
Sky Sports and BT Sport show the games in the Premier League’s home country of England. You can watch live online with a Sky or BT Sport subscription. If you aren’t in the UK, you’ll also need a VPN.
Here’s how to watch live EPL games in the UK with a VPN:
- Get ExpressVPN and install the app on your preferred device.
- Connect to any of 6 different UK ExpressVPN servers.
- Depending on the game, sign in at Sky Sports or BT Sport and start watching.
Stream with Optus Sports (Australia)
Optus Sports has broadcasting rights for the EPL down under. An Optus Sports subscription is required in order to stream, and you have the option of choosing either monthly or yearly subscriptions. Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to an ExpressVPN server location in Australia.
- Go to https://sport.optus.com.au/epl and sign in.
- Start streaming!
Watch the English Premier League on NBC (USA)
Prefer an American take on English football? Why not? NBC is one of the biggest broadcasters of EPL games in America, with lots of live games and highlights.
Here’s how to watch NBC Sports with a VPN.
- Connect to a U.S. ExpressVPN server. There are 20 to pick from!
- Go to http://stream.nbcsports.com/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a US cable account.)
- Sit back and enjoy!
Note: You can also stream Premier League matches with Sling TV (and a VPN, of course.)
Stream EPL matches with Sportsnet (Canada)
Sportsnet is also streaming 2016-17 EPL matches. You’ll need to purchase a Sportsnet account to stream, but packages also include MLB, NHL, and CFL options.
Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to any ExpressVPN server location in Canada.
- Head to http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a subscription.)
- Start streaming!
How will the Top Four shape up?
As of this writing, the title is Chelsea‘s to lose. Spurs‘ impressive form means they’ll finish no worse than second. But what about the final two spots for Champions League qualification?
Manchester United is in the midst of an unimpressive undefeated run. Liverpool is great for one game and terrible for another. Manchester City is great for periods of one game and terrible for others. And has Arsenal fired Arsene Wenger yet?
How will the hectic top four race finish? Share your thoughts in the comments below!