How to watch the English Premier League with a VPN
The English Premier League season starts in mid-August and ends in mid-May. The 2016/17 season will start on Saturday, August 13, 2016, and finish on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Most matches kick off on Saturdays at 3pm UK time. But televised Premier League games sometimes vary from week to week, so be sure to check the latest fixtures.
While matches are shown all over the world, here are just a few different options.
Watch live matches on Sky Sports (UK)
Sky Sports shows the most live games of any broadcaster in the Premier League’s home country of England. You can watch live online with a Sky subscription or NowTV pass. If you aren’t in the UK, you’ll also need a VPN.
Here’s how to watch live EPL games on Sky Sports with a VPN:
- Get ExpressVPN and install the app on your preferred device.
- Connect to any of 6 different UK ExpressVPN servers.
- Sign in at http://www.skysports.com/watch and start watching.
Stream with Optus Sports (Australia)
Optus Sports has broadcasting rights for the EPL down under. An Optus Sports subscription is required in order to stream, and you have the option of choosing either monthly or yearly subscriptions. Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to an ExpressVPN server location in Australia.
- Go to https://sport.optus.com.au/epl and sign in.
- Start streaming!
Watch the English Premier League on NBC (USA)
Prefer an American take on English football? Why not? NBC is one of the biggest broadcasters of EPL games in America, with lots of live games and highlights.
Here’s how to watch NBC Sports with a VPN.
- Connect to a U.S. ExpressVPN server. There are 20 to pick from!
- Go to http://stream.nbcsports.com/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a US cable account.)
- Sit back and enjoy!
Note: You can also stream Premier League matches with Sling TV (and a VPN, of course.)
Stream EPL matches with Sportsnet (Canada)
Sportsnet is also streaming 2016-17 EPL matches. You’ll need to purchase a Sportsnet account to stream, but packages also include MLB, NHL, and CFL options.
Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to any ExpressVPN server location in Canada.
- Head to http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a subscription.)
- Start streaming!
Can Leicester City repeat?
So that’s how to watch the English Premier League in any country. And now’s a great time to start. 2015/16 was a real rollercoaster season.
Can the Foxes defend their title? Probably not. But with new managers and stars taking over across the league, we’re definitely going to have a surprising new Premier League champion.
Share your own title predictions in the comments. And don’t forget to sign up with ExpressVPN so you can watch English Premier League soccer anywhere.
If you have any questions, live chat is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week!