How and where to watch the NFL
This year, all 256 NFL games will air on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays in the U.S. If you have a U.S. cable subscription, you can watch the games for free with a VPN.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN and install the app on your favorite devices. (A single ExpressVPN subscription covers three devices simultaneously.)
- Connect to an ExpressVPN server in the USA. There are more than 20 to choose from!
- Go to
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the games.
Not sure when matches are happening? No problemo. You can check dates and times for every 2016-17 match on the official NFL website or see the playoff schedule below.
2016-17 NFL postseason playoffs schedule
Saturday, January 14th:
4:35 pm ET: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons (Fox)
8:15 pm ET: Houston Texans @ New England Patriots (CBS)
Sunday, January 15th:
1:05 pm ET: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs (NBC)
4:40 pm ET: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys (Fox)
Sunday, January 22nd:
3:05 pm ET: Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (Fox)
6:40 pm ET: Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots (CBS)
Sunday, Janurary 29th:
8:00 pm ET: Pro Bowl (ESPN)
Sunday, February 5th:
6:30 pm ET: Super Bowl: New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons (Fox)
Stream every game live with NFL Game Pass and a VPN
If you don’t have a U.S. cable subscription, you can also stream the games with NFL Game Pass.
There are different pricing options based on your location, but you can save money by using your VPN to connect to a location outside the U.S. and signing up for an international NFL Game Pass subscription. That way you can skirt around those pesky blackouts and watch every NFL game whenever you want!
Here’s how to defeat NFL blackouts with a VPN:
- Get an ExpressVPN account and install the app on your preferred device.
- Go to https://gamepass.nfl.com/ and sign up for an International Subscription. (Note you’ll need to connect to a non-U.S. server for the cheapest options.)
- Sit back and watch the games!
Watch on the go with NFL Mobile
Football fans can also watch on the go with the NFL Mobile app. However, there are a few drawbacks…
- The good: Users can use the app to stream every NFL broadcast live on their Xbox, AppleTV, and mobile phone.
- The bad: It’s currently only available for Verizon customers. Still, we thought it was worth sharing…
Stream select NFL games on Twitter
Believe it or not, Twitter will also be live streaming Thursday night NFL games! 10 weekly games will be available to stream on the social media giant, with both members and non-members allowed to stream.
Check here for more info.
Watch the NFL online with Sling TV
Sling TV is a streaming service that lets you watch live TV over the Internet. This year, Sling TV has added both the NFL Network and NFL RedZone to its growing list of streaming options. Great news for football fans, and even better news for Sling TV customers.
Sling TV offers a variety of different pricing options. Keep in mind Sling is currently only available in the U.S.
Who’s going to the Super Bowl?
Another season, another dominant performance from Tom Brady. The Patriots are formidable as usual, but presumptive league MVP Matt Ryan leads an explosive offense that scores in bunches. Whatever happens, it will be a Super Bowl for the ages!
What do you think? Leave your predictions in the comments, and don’t forget to sign up for your VPN!