What can a VPN do?Show Me
5 ways to use your VPNSee Them Now
ExpressVPN offers two ways for users to get connected to the VPN.
The app setup is the recommended method for users, offering fast, secure connections in an easy-to-use application interface.
The manual setup (or manual configuration) is for users who have trouble installing/using the app or users who have more technical experience. If you are configuring a VPN connection through your device’s network settings or preferences screen, you are using the manual setup.
Why use ExpressVPN app setup?
Connecting to ExpressVPN via the apps offers the following benefits:
- Connect and disconnect with one touch
- Browse and change VPN servers with a click/tap
- Find the best connections with built-in, easy-to-use speed/ping tests
- View and download VPN diagnostics with ease
- Protect your connections from DNS leaks
Why use ExpressVPN manual configurations?
Setting up an ExpressVPN connection manually offers the following benefits:
- Enjoy VPN protection even when you cannot download or connect to the ExpressVPN app
- Enjoy VPN protection on devices that don’t support native VPN software
- Connect directly to the location you want, using the VPN protocol of your choice
How to connect to the VPN using the ExpressVPN app
For instructions on using the ExpressVPN app:
- ExpressVPN App Setup for Windows
- ExpressVPN App Setup for Mac
- ExpressVPN App Setup for Android
- ExpressVPN App Setup for iOS
- ExpressVPN App Setup for Linux
- ExpressVPN App for Linksys routers
How to connect to the VPN using ExpressVPN manual settings
For instructions on using ExpressVPN manual configurations:
- Manual Setup for Windows
- Manual Setup for Mac
- Manual Setup for Android
- Manual Setup for iOS
- Manual Setup for Linux
- Manual Setup for routers
- Manual Setup for streaming media consoles